Thursday, January 7, 2010

French Toast Recipe - Grandmother's old recipe?

My Grandmother used to make THE best French Toast in the world. I don't have the recipe and everytime she wanted me to cook...well, I was a tomboy....I had better things to do than cook!!!


I did make it a couple of times however. And I distinctly remember Gram using flour to help it rise. I also remember her adding other ingredients that seemed odd - until she explained them. But heck if I remember what they were. I remember it had a very distinct taste to it.





*Gram was from Canada and was French Canadian and that's where the majority of her recipes are based from if that helps...





ThanksFrench Toast Recipe - Grandmother's old recipe?
Add, Vanilla, sugar and CinnamonFrench Toast Recipe - Grandmother's old recipe?
Make sure you leave the bread out the night before and use a shave or two of nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment